Thursday, June 12, 2014


Thursday, June 12, 2014
The alarm goes off.
I ,with a great deal of discomfort, wake up...
minutes later I force myself to go wake up my seventeen year-old...who can sleep through three alarms encircling his head.
I go back to bed, asking why morning has to hurt.
Two minutes go by, my husband gets up to give more encouragement to the teenager.
He comes back to bed.
Twenty minutes go by; I hear my son leave...and I again make myself rise and attempt to shine...although I know the shine wont come for at least another two hours, if at all.

Day 5 of creation...exact date unknown
God's voice sounds off.
The earth, with a great deal of energy, wakes up...
Minutes later the waters teem and the skies are filled.
...life rises from the ocean bed 
and shines.

I keep thinking of U2's album title "Rattle and Hum". The earth must have rattled and hummed with the bursting of life. There was an exuberant explosion of what had never been...creature life.
How long exactly did it take for single celled organisms to produce such complex organisms? Well, God had already set the sun and the moon above to "govern" the day. So I take it to mean within a 24 hour day. Impossible to natural science...I know. 
I have to allow that "In the beginning" could have been billions of years ago, but once the sun and moon are set on the fourth day, my flexibility ends. One scientist offered that life was delivered to earth from another being...but could not bring himself to admit it must be God. 
The theories fly like the birds and swarm like the fish...but only one is true. The creation of the world is history...and although none of us was there to witness it, there are not multiple true accounts. There is one.
I am not arrogant enough to think I can say exactly how God did it...
but I believe this
God said...
and it was so.

P.S. A little tidbit from John MacArthur- "Some birds navigate by the stars when migrating. How do they know how to do that? In fact, birds raised from eggs inside a building where they have never seen the sky can orient themselves toward home when shown an artificial sky representing a place they've never been."
Amazing...DNA programs even the birds to know their true home. God has done the same for the human race...but we just refuse to look up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!