Tuesday, August 12, 2014




"Now Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name." Gen 2:19

My family accuses me of loving my dog Gus more than I love them.
My response is, "You are absolutely correct; Gus doesn't give me any lip!"
He is an uncomplicated gift, an easy companion, yet he will never offer a heart to heart or a word of wisdom. No matter how much I enjoy my dog; he can never take the place of the people I love.

Many lonely souls find solace in animals because their human relationships are just too hurtful, too complicated; but the yearning for human connection never truly dissipates.
God recognized in the first man this need for soul to soul companionship. He also knew it is partly fulfilled through the power of words, a power lacking in the animal kingdom. As God brought different species, Adam found no discourse. He handed out their names, and they gave him no lip about it.
Indeed there was no meeting of the minds...no oneness of heart...no conflict.
Until Eve.
Hearts revealed by the power of words and relationship deteriorated.
No doubt,  people are a complicated gift, hence the term "working relationship"!
The best thing in life is NOT free.
It is costly.
It is priceless.
It is rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!