Monday, April 7, 2014

Show-off!

Finally, a hint of pink on my earliest blooming tree...
A few years ago we lived by a park. It was a time when I had to discipline myself to celebrate the evidence of God's goodness around me and walks in the park gave me inspiration. I wrote this little poem:

I love the park in spring,
when petal-strewn paths
are pinkified
and I
meander mystified
by God
in nature glorified
I love the park in spring.

Romans 1:20-21a "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks..."

There is a good God showing off every day. He, through creation, says "Look at me! Watch this...aren't I amazing?"  He should; because He is.  The evidence of His ways of thinking, feeling and acting are always perfectly designed and timed. They may take a little more looking to find on some days but when you do, it's divine.
Yes, God is a show-off. And we are the lucky ones.
Look for Him today, offer thanks and then go help someone else enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!