Saturday, June 28, 2014

God's Rest - Part 2

Light-brite night
in bursts of
white
you stutter
as you host;
on leaf
on blade
throngs spark and fade
and flit from rail
to post.

At Home- Last night in our back field fire-flies danced a thousand dances.

On Vacation- Ancient, fleshy sandstone slumps down into vibrating emerald waters like gigantic legless elephant feet. Water meets rock in tragic, barren beauty.

For Christmas- The boys sang, as if the angels cracked the clouds and our ears tapped into their song...and my heart squeezed out the tears of stabbing joy.

In Love- And now I know that human arms can feel like God Himself is holding you.

As a Mom- The best smell on earth: my nose in the feathery fuzz of my babies' heads.

Any day, Any time, Anywhere- chocolate

These are moments when God has wooed me in His wordless way-
"look
listen
feel
smell
taste...
I am."

These are moments of God, not moving mountains for me
but in the everydayness of every day, still communicating His power, His beauty, His love...
Him.
He shows not what He can do for me, but who He is.
The seventh day of creation: Man's second day.
Adam and Eve enjoyed all that God had created as man and woman, in the beginning of the discovery of God...they went about seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, tasting
God.
And God let Himself be known.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!